Strobel Ed consultants are dedicated, experienced, educators providing professional development training and continuing education for teachers that leaves them feeling excited, empowered, and motivated to step back into their classrooms with COURAGE and CONFIDENCE.
Incorporating Passion, Play, Purpose, & Creativity
If you haven’t heard of Genius Hour, or 20% time in the classroom, the premise is simple: Give your students 20% of their class time (or an hour each week) to learn what they want.
Genius Hour is all about empowering students. In the program, students have:
- Freedom to explore their own interests.
- Opportunity to indulge in previously unexplored creativity.
- Ability to unlock achievement that’s been stifled by “traditional” learning practices.
This online education course, featuring the same amazing content as Strobel Education’s dynamic live workshop, invites teachers from all grade levels to learn about this innovative concept based on a popular Google practice.
Ready-Made Lesson Plans to Empower Students to Wonder, Explore, and Create
The Digital Resource Bundle includes everything you need to launch this topic with your students and in your schools. You don’t have to go around finding all the “stuff”. The curriculum is created for you—relevant mini-lessons, activities, videos, collaboration articles, and all necessary resources.
In this workshop, you’ll discover how to transform your classroom into a place where students want to come in and learn—where creativity and motivation flourish.
- Why we need to transform our troubled education system
- Understanding how real students learn & how great schools work
- Education Evolution: Recognizing the importance of new skills, talents, and passions
- Putting value back on students’ “non-traditional” skills
- The 6 elements today’s learner needs
- Setting up Genius Hour time in your classroom
- Learning the structure of Genius Hour and implementation strategies
- The research behind choice and inquiry-based education
- + More!
- Module 1 – The Genius Hour Revolution
- Module 2 – The Changing Landscape of Education
- Module 3 – Rediscovering Passion, Play, & Purpose
- Module 4 – How Genius Hour Works in the Classroom
- Module 5 – Brainstorming and Inquiry
- Module 6 – Research and Product Creation
- Module 7 – Presenting Projects and Reflection
- Module 8 – The Nitty Gritty Details
Immediate access: $137
- Save $20 per person with teams of 3 or more.
- Get your whole district involved. Teams of 15+ get special pricing. Contact us for details.
Here’s What’s Included:
- 5 hours of course material & video content
- 5 professional development credits
- Access for 30 days
- Complete pre-made lesson plans
- Fillable workbooks to follow along with
- Comprehensive digital resource bundle
Who Should Attend?
- K-12 English-Language Arts Teachers
- K-12 Content-Area Teachers
- Literacy coaches and coordinators
- Title I teachers and directors
- ELL teachers
- Special education teachers
- K-12 gifted and talented teachers
- K-12 administrators (Principals, Assistant Principals, Curriculum Directors)
“Genius Hour motivates and encourages students to think outside the box while exploring their greatest passions. My classroom has transformed into a student-driven classroom with high expectations. Genius Hour supports learners of all levels and allows students to explore their true talents. Engagement is at an all time high and students are excelling like never before!”– Whitney Litherland, 5th Grade Teacher