Reaching & Teaching Challenging Students
Students entering the classroom with emotional, behavioral, or mental health issues are often at a disadvantage and struggle to keep up with the demands of traditional learning. Brains affected by trauma require a different kind of instruction—and a special kind of care. The goal of teaching children with trauma becomes unlocking the potential that exists within every student and developing an instructional approach that recognizes and works past the stresses, traumas, and self-imposed mentalities and behaviors that can limit learning and achievement.
Teachers will leave this workshop with strategies to build resiliency and grit in even the most challenging students, ideas for encouraging positive behavior and creating effective classroom management, and a plan of action that can be immediately put in place to start increasing student motivation. You’ll also receive an exclusive digital resource bundle that can be used for easy classroom implementation. Additionally, the workshop will focus on self-care habits, helping teachers to avoid adopting students’ traumas as their own and ensuring that personal triggers are understood and dealt with before they lead to classroom disruptions.
Trauma-Informed Schools Flyer
For more information, download this pdf flyer.
Merrillville, IN • January 31, 2019
Jennifer Mitchell @ Hilton Garden Inn
7775 Mississippi Street, Merrillville, IN 46410
Evansville, IN • February 5, 2019
Jennifer Mitchell @ DoubleTree Evansville
601 Walnut St, Evansville, IN 47708
Indianapolis, IN • February 7, 2019
Jennifer Mitchell @ Ritz Charles Carmel
12156 N Meridian St., Carmel, IN 46032
Louisville, KY • February 12, 2019
Jennifer Mitchell @ Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Airport
2735 Crittenden Dr, Louisville, KY 40209
Columbus, OH • April 18, 2019
Lauren Blake @ Courtyard Columbus West
2350 Westbelt Dr, Columbus, OH 43228
Early Bird Pricing $189 *
* Early bird discount! Register 15 days in advance.
Who Should Attend?
- K-12 English-Language Arts Teachers
- K-12 Content-Area Teachers
- Literacy coaches and coordinators
- Title I teachers and directors
- ELL teachers
- Special education teachers
- K-12 gifted and talented teachers
- K-12 administrators (Principals, Assistant Principals, Curriculum Directors)
- Counselors, therapists, social workers
- Early bird discount! Register 15 days in advance.
- Send a Team & SAVE!
5% OFF groups of 3-9 registrants (per day)
10% OFF groups of 10 or more registrants (per day)
CONTACT US to start your registration.
- For room reservations, please mention “Strobel Education” to receive a discounted rate.
- Administrators attend FREE! With paid registration of at least one staff member, ONE administrator (building principal, assistant principal, curriculum director, or superintendent) may attend workshop at no charge. (Registration is still required and substitutions are not permitted.)
Continuing Education Credit/PGP
Participants may receive credit for 6 hours of professional development for each one-day workshop. At the conclusion of the day, or after online evaluations have been completed, attendees will receive a certificate of completion which can be used to verify attendance.