Students entering the classroom with emotional, behavioral, or mental health issues are often at a disadvantage and struggle to keep up with the demands of traditional learning. Brains affected by trauma require a different kind of instruction—and a special kind of care. The goal of teaching children with trauma becomes unlocking the potential that exists within every student and developing an instructional approach that recognizes and works past the stresses, traumas, and self-imposed mentalities and behaviors that can limit learning and achievement.
Teachers will leave this workshop with strategies to build resiliency and grit in even the most challenging students, ideas for encouraging positive behavior and creating effective classroom management, and a plan of action that can be immediately put in place to start increasing student motivation.
You’ll also receive an exclusive digital resource bundle that can be used for easy classroom implementation.
Additionally, the workshop will focus on self-care habits, helping teachers to avoid adopting students’ traumas as their own and ensuring that personal triggers are understood and dealt with before they lead to classroom disruptions.
Growth Mindset Flyer
For more information, download this pdf flyer.
Can’t make the live workshop?
Enroll in our online education course for PD training anytime, anywhere!
Learn what a trauma-informed school is, how it trauma the learning process, and how supporting it in your classroom can lead to increased motivation and achievement.
Participants in this workshop will discover:
- The Impact of Stress and Trauma on Learning
- How to Build a Resilient Classroom
- Creating Gritty Learners
- Neuroscience and Brain-Based Learning Strategies
- How the Brain Operates—and How to Redirect It
- Dealing with Students from Traumatic Backgrounds
- Trauma in Teachers—Fighting Burnout with Self Care
Who Should Attend?
- K-12 English-Language Arts Teachers
- K-12 Content-Area Teachers
- Literacy coaches and coordinators
- Title I teachers and directors
- ELL teachers
- Special education teachers
- K-12 gifted and talented teachers
- K-12 administrators (Principals, Assistant Principals, Curriculum Directors)
Download Course Flyer
Early Bird Pricing $189*
Early bird discount! Register 15 days in advance.
Register here today or send an email to your team.
Early bird discount!
Register 15 days in advance.
Send a Team & SAVE!
- 5% OFF groups of 3-9 registrants (per day)
- 10% OFF groups of 10 or more registrants (per day)
For room reservations, please mention “Strobel Education” to receive a discounted rate.
Administrators attend FREE!
With paid registration of at least one staff member, ONE administrator (building principal, assistant principal, curriculum director, or superintendent) may attend workshop at no charge. (Registration is still required and substitutions are not permitted.)
“Absolutely awesome! Unlike other workshops, Strobel Education makes the material easy to understand and implement quickly into your instruction. Kim is a wonderful person and an awesome presenter.”
– Dana Campbell, 4th Grade Teacher, Sharon Elementary School