Incorporating & Implementing a Meaningful Grading System
This workshop provides a real opportunity to transform your school’s grading system. You’ll learn to evaluate the traditional report card and grading system and find where improvements are needed and how to track and chart student progress accurately, effectively, and fairly.
Assessment Leads to Achievement
There are many styles and methods of assessments. During this workshop, you’ll find out how to determine which style best fits your students’ readiness levels; how to design assessment tools and tasks that provide credible evidence of mastery; how to direct your teaching in response to students’ needs; and how to dispense feedback that can transform student learning.
What’s in a Grade?
Providing fair and accurate grading requires rejecting what most of us have learned about traditional grading practices. We’ll discuss grading strategies that are designed to work with your current curriculum, while allowing for the evolution of your pedagogy. We’ll dissect what a grade really means and explore ways to ensure your grading is both accurate and useful. And we’ll explore how to get the most out of grading scales by applying them in ways that accurately and fairly reflect what your students are learning.
A Meaningful Difference
In this workshop, you’ll learn what makes a meaningful grade, methods for evolving your current classroom practice and curriculum to include regular assessments, and how standards-based grading and assessment lead to a more accurate measurement of student achievement. Plus, you’ll leave with practical steps and strategies for guiding your fellow educators, students, and parents through the implementation of a standards-based grading system.
Standards-Based Grading & Assessment Flyer
For more information, download this pdf flyer.
Early Bird Pricing $189 *
Early bird discount! Register 15 days in advance.Standard $209
- Early bird discount! Register 15 days in advance.
- Send a Team & SAVE!
5% OFF groups of 3-9 registrants
10% OFF groups of 10 or more registrants
- Need a hotel room? Contact us to find out if discounted rates are available for your workshop location!
- Administrators attend FREE! With paid registration of at least one staff member, ONE administrator (building principal, assistant principal, curriculum director, or superintendent) may attend workshop at no charge. (Registration is still required and substitutions are not permitted.)
NEW WORKSHOP DATES COMING SOON
Who Should Attend?
- K-12 English-Language Arts Teachers
- K-12 Content-Area Teachers
- Literacy coaches and coordinators
- Title I teachers and directors
- ELL teachers
- Special education teachers
- K-12 gifted and talented teachers
- K-12 administrators (Principals, Assistant Principals, Curriculum Directors)
Continuing Education Credit/PGP
Participants may receive credit for 6 hours of professional development for each one-day workshop. At the conclusion of the day, or after online evaluations have been completed, attendees will receive a certificate of completion which can be used to verify attendance.