Meaning, Purpose, and Passion in Education
As someone who has experienced moments of powerlessness in my personal life, as well as in my career as an educator, I’m all too familiar with how easy it is to feel helpless. Teachers, in general, are struggling right now. Educators feel they are working in a time of chaos; they are over-worked, overwhelmed, and over-stressed.
Some have lost a lot of their joy.
And what concerns me most is the toll these feelings are taking on them and how it’s affecting their lives, their classrooms, and their students.
But I believe that sometimes it’s out of chaos that solutions cry out. Teachers need to be reminded of their “why” to experience professional growth in education—and they need tools to help them navigate the ever-changing landscape of this profession.
During this keynote, I share the story of a very special student who had a profound impact on my life. Teachers are moved to tears when they hear about this student who faced challenges not just in the classroom, but also at home. I share this story because it drives home how truly important it is for teachers to remember and embrace their “why”—because this student taught me a lot about my own reasons for teaching.
I’m determined to help teachers rediscover their passion for teaching, but more than anything, I want them to reclaim their lives and stand proud on this path they have chosen. I want to empower them, because they are the ones who step in our classrooms 180 days a year and hold great influence on our children.
What they do matters greatly, and the fact that they feel called to teach … well, this is truly a service of the heart.
Contact Kim About This Keynote
To ask a question, request a quote, or book this keynote, simply fill out the form below.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- The organization or school's WHY is what drives us towards our purpose.
- Discover your WHY and how to align it with your purpose.
- Use your WHY to point you to your North Star on a daily basis, especialy when times are tough.
- Reach students' hearts first and then teach their minds.
- Rediscover your passion for teaching and reclaim your life in and out of school.
- Align purpose, love, and integrity to reach your mission.
- Understand the power of your profession and your wonderful ability to influence and impacts lives.