Onsite Professional Development Training
During onsite training, Kim Strobel and her team of coaches present best practice strategies and the most up-to-date research and theory to support teachers in their implementation of effective teaching.
- The 90-minute Reading Block
- Fluency Strategies
- Reading Mini-Lessons & Comprehension Strategies
- Differentiated Literacy Stations
- Reader’s Workshop
- Effective Vocabulary Instruction
- Mini-Lesson Modeling
- Close Reading, Text Complexity, and Text-Dependent Questioning
- Launching Writer’s Workshop
- 6 Traits of Writing
- Assessing Writing
- Writing Process
- Mini-Lesson Modeling
All Content Areas
- Formative Assessment (Workshop)
- Trauma-Informed Schools: Reaching & Teaching Challenging Students (Workshop)
- Trauma-Informed Schools: Transforming the School Culture
- Trauma-Informed Schools: 2-Day Intensive Training
- Standards-Based Grading and Assessing
- Close Reading and Text-Dependent Questioning
- Text-Dependent Questioning
- Depth of Knowledge and Rigor
- Socratic Questioning and Accountability Talk
- Effective Vocabulary Strategies
- Genius Hour: Incorporating Passion, Play, Purpose, and Creativity (Workshop)
- Growth Mindset: Boosting Motivation and Achievement (Workshop)
- Staff Motivation (See Kim’s available Keynote Speech topics)
CUSTOMIZED TRAINING, CLASSROOM MODELING, AND COACHING
These energetic, high-impact sessions are tailored to meet the unique professional development needs of your staff. Our coaches will provide your staff with personalized direction and interactive modeling of strategies and concepts that support increased classroom learning. And teachers will leave feeling inspired and excited to re-enter their classrooms and implement what they’ve learned.
THE TRAINING EXPERIENCE
A Strobel Ed training session is a singularly unique experience! Each one is different, but here are a few things attendees can expect:
- Research-based content
- Real talk, real examples
- Interactive modeling
- Collaborative discussions and activities
- Q & A
- Lots of fun and play!
TEACHING THE STANDARDS
Strobel Education is committed to staying up to date on national and state standards, including Common Core Standards (CCSS) and Indiana Academic Standards, and creating professional development that meets—and exceeds—educational expectations. The professional development trainings we offer are created using only research-based concepts and practical strategies. Teachers are provided with classroom techniques that work within the structure of the standards while also providing opportunities to bring creativity and imagination back to the learning process.
For professional development for teachers to make a real impact, it must be implemented correctly and rigorously maintained. That’s why our consultants make themselves available after the training ends to offer support and encouragement and answer any questions teachers may have. Additionally, our consultants thrive on feedback and stay in contact with teachers to gather important information that can be used to constantly improve the training process.
YOUR COACHES: IN THE TRENCHES WITH TEACHERS
Our team of professional education consultants offers decades of experience working with students and educators in a variety of roles. They’ve been “in the trenches,” just like the teachers they’re training, and understand and support the professional dedication it takes to make a lasting impact on the lives of their students.