Incorporating & Implementing a Meaningful Grading System
On average, the practice of having students track their own progress was associated with a 32 percentile point gain in their achievement.
This workshop provides a real opportunity to transform your school’s grading system. You’ll learn to evaluate the traditional report card and grading system and find where improvements are needed and how to track and chart student progress accurately, effectively, and fairly.
- Assessment Leads to Achievement
- What’s in a Grade?
- A Meaningful Difference
And so much more.
Ready-Made Lesson Plans With Practical Steps and Strategies for Guiding Your Fellow Educators, Students, and Parents
The Digital Resource Bundle includes everything you need to launch this topic with your students and in your schools. You don’t have to go around finding all the “stuff”. The curriculum is created for you—relevant mini-lessons, activities, videos, collaboration articles, and all necessary resources.
What’s in a Meaningful Grade?
In this workshop, you’ll learn what makes a meaningful grade, methods for evolving your current classroom practice and curriculum to include regular assessments, and how standards-based grading and assessment lead to a more accurate measurement of student achievement.
- Investigate ways to determine meaningful grades
- Build professional knowledge of standards-based grading and assessing
- Explore concrete steps for implementing standards-based grading
- Learn the importance of foundational work to include priority standards, proficiency scales, and quality assessments
- Review the rationale and process for prioritizing standards
- Examine current grading practices and how they relate to student learning
- + More!
- Module 1- 3 Tiers to Creating Supportive Schools
- Module 2- Trauma: What it Means
- Module 3- How Trauma Impacts the Brain
- Module 4- Building Relationships for Change
- Module 5- What’s Causing Lagging Skills
- Module 6- Regulation vs. Dysregulation
- Module 7- Classroom Strategies for Success
- Module 8- Practicing Self-Care
Immediate access: $137
- Save $20 per person with teams of 3 or more.
- Get your whole district involved. Teams of 15+ get special pricing. Contact us for details.
Here’s What’s Included:
- 5 hours of course material & video content
- 5 professional development credits
- Access for 30 days
- Complete pre-made lesson plans
- Fillable workbooks to follow along with
- Comprehensive digital resource bundle
Who Should Attend?
- K-12 English-Language Arts Teachers
- K-12 Content-Area Teachers
- Literacy coaches and coordinators
- Title I teachers and directors
- ELL teachers
- Special education teachers
- K-12 gifted and talented teachers
- K-12 administrators (Principals, Assistant Principals, Curriculum Directors)
“Kim is a dynamic presenter who keeps her
audience highly engaged and truly understands standards-based grading.” – M. Godbey, Principal, Lincoln County High School/span>