The Science of Happiness
Conquer Burnout and Overcome Adversity
In this thought-provoking and compelling keynote, Kim shares how we can learn to overcome hard things, including educator burnout, and step into our power. She shares her own story of overcoming darkness, which is how she became a happiness coach.
Emotions are at the heart of what teachers do and why they do it. Educators come to teaching with dreams of changing the odds for disadvantaged children and inspiring a love for learning. Unfortunately, research shows that 40-50 percent of teachers will leave the profession within the first five years. Stress among teachers has reached unprecedented levels.
Teaching is an emotional practice, and teachers need support in strengthening their social and emotional skills to manage the stress that comes with teaching and stay in the profession for the long term.
Well-being” takes the stage front and center, and how we can create fulfilling lives while also working to improve performance in life and workplace success.
Kim unpacks the positive psychology science and research that pivots the crowd towards optimism. She asks, “Would you press a button to increase your happiness levels by 40% and your productivity levels by 31% while also having 300% more creativity on a Monday morning? When people respond, “Yes!” she explains how to achieve this.
Her inspiring stories and practical tips for well-being leave the audience feeling inspired and full of hope for creating their own happiness within their profession and their personal lives.
When you reset your brain toward positive, you become more engaged, creative, motivated, energetic, resilient, and productive in life—including your work life.
Contact Kim About This Keynote
To ask a question, request a quote, or book this keynote, simply fill out the form below.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Unlock the happiness formula that drives peak performance.
- Discover the happiness research and our power to increase it by up to 40%!
- Prioritize self care and be more effective in life.
- Increase productivity levels by up to 31%!
- Quit giving your value away.
- Give yourself permission to be brave. Practice courage.
- The power of a daily gratitude practice for increasing happiness levels and optimism.
- Learn research-based practices for well-being in your personal and professional life.
- Learn simple, practical skills to retrain the brain towards positive.
- Apply the "Minimum Effective Dosage" to life and work.
- Gain cutting-edge insights from the latest research on positive psychology.