Contact Us To Register for the
Virtual & Interactive Workshop
Transform the Classroom to Combat Adverse Childhood Experiences
February 9, 16, 23, 2022 • 6-7:30PM CST
JOIN US LIVE!
February 9, 16, 23 • 6:00 - 7:30PM CST
Why Trauma-Informed Teachers?
- 46% of students under 17 have experienced a traumatic event
- 26% of children under 4 have experienced a traumatic event.
As educators, we care immensely about our students beyond the classroom. We worry about their safety and well-being once they walk out our doors.
In each of our classrooms, there are students who have experienced trauma during their lives and they bring this trauma with them into the classroom. Also known as Adverse Childhood Experiences, trauma can impact our students’ brains, hearts, and bodies.
Trauma can alter the development of the brain and affect student learning, behavior, and emotional regulation.
3-Part Virtual Workshop Series
DAY 1 - February 9, 2022 - 6:00-7:30PM CST
Defining and Understanding Trauma
- Gain a holistic understanding of trauma by exploring relevant research from accredited and pioneering psychologists and trauma experts.
- Discover the current prevalence of trauma in both children and adults throughout the United States.
- Understand the various types of traumatic experiences and Adverse Childhood Experiences.
- Learn about the lasting, adverse effects of traumatic experiences on the body, development of the brain, and emotional well-being.
DAY 2 - February 16, 2022 - 6:00-7:30PM CST
Consequences of Trauma in its Effect in the Classroom
- Identify the adverse effects of trauma as a source for lagging executive and cognitive functioning skills in students.
- Gain understanding of the varying degrees which trauma can impact student learning, student behavior, and overall student success.
- Explore how trauma impacts brain functions and the differences between a regulated brain state and an unregulated brain state.
DAY 3 - February 23, 2022 - 6:00-7:30PM CST
An Act of Compassion: Creating the Trauma-Informed Classroom
- Gain insight into different classroom management styles in order to implement best practices that support a positive discipline system.
- Learn how to use trauma informed classroom strategies to promote student success and well being in the classroom.
- Discover how Social and Emotional Learning can directly impact your students’ well-being and personal growth.
By becoming a Trauma Informed Educator, you can actively combat the effects of trauma and provide intentional care and support for each of you students.
Implementing Trauma Informed strategies is more than best practice, it is an act of love and compassion that our students deserve.
The Trauma Informed approach to instruction and behavior management can transform your classroom into a trusting, inclusive, and supportive setting in which your students can grow, thrive, and succeed.
Who Should Attend?
Administrators Attend FREE!
With paid registration of at least one staff member, ONE administrator (building principal, assistant principal, curriculum director, or superintendent) may attend this virtual workshop at no charge.
(Registration is still required and substitutions are not permitted.)
February 9, 2022
February 16, 2022
February 23, 2022
Pricing includes 3 sessions on February 9, 16, 23, 2002 from 6:00-7:30PM CST.
This Workshop Series Includes
- 5 hours of course material & video content
- 5 professional development credits
- REPLAY Access for 30 days
- Digital Resource Bundle that includes all the good stuff.
- Digital or Printable Handout
- Live chat support from Dr. Emma Gibbs
Why You Should Attend
Reason 1: One third of children in the United States have experienced trauma.
The students in your classroom right now are struggling to overcome the trauma from their homes, families and communities.
Reason 2: Teachers can directly combat the negative effects of trauma in the classroom.
Through trusting relationships, compassionate classroom management, and intentional trauma-informed instructional strategies, teachers can provide a healing experience for students in the classroom.
Reason 3: Students deserve the opportunity to grow, thrive, and succeed, despite their trauma.
Your students are capable, determined, and passionate individuals who should not be limited by the trauma of circumstances out of their control.
Dr. Emma Gibbs
Meet Your Instructor
Dr. Emma Gibbs is a professional development trainer as well as a classroom teacher who uses Trauma-Informed Practices to meet the needs of her students.
Dr. Gibbs has helped teachers and schools throughout the country learn about how to integrate and create Trauma-Informed cultures that place students' physical, mental, and emotional well-being at the forefront.
She works hard to support teachers so they can create optimal learning environments for their students.
Dr. Gibbs did a great job of giving us real-life strategies to increase student engagement. It was nice to hear from someone who is actually in the classroom.
Special Education Teacher, Hancock County Schools
Emma was great! Relatable, intelligent, informed, and captivating. Always ready to answer questions and discuss. I left with so many great tools to use in my classroom!
Teacher, Custer Elementary
Dr. Gibbs provided a wealth of experience and research that supported proper engagement and rigor.
Middle School Teacher, Chesterton Schools
Frequently Asked Questions
While it's great to attend live to get any questions you may have answered, you will have access to the training for 30 days.
Send your substitution request to [email protected], at least 5 days prior to the event. Please include the name of the individual currently registered, the event, and your substitute's name and email address.
You can register more than one individual here.
All sales for the virtual events are final. If Strobel Education reschedules a live event, customer’s event registrations will automatically apply to the rescheduled event. If Strobel Education changes a live event to a virtual event, customer’s event registrations will automatically apply to the virtual event. If Strobel Education cancels a live or virtual event, customer’s event registrations will be converted to Portable Event Package.
Your purchase of this workshop is for one registration. Sharing your personalized link to watch the workshop is not allowed. However, we offer group discounts. Email us [email protected] at to get the details.
Have a question?
Send Kim an email so she can answer any questions you may have about the Strobel Education Virtual Workshops.
Need help implementing Engagement & Rigor Campus/District-Wide?
Strobel Education offers the full spectrum of support services for helping teacher create highly engaging and rigorous lessons. From online professional learning courses to virtual trainings to multiyear implementation support.
Contact us to request a free consultation with Kim Strobel to discuss your school or district's specific needs.