Professional development is an essential part of any teacher’s career; it helps them stay up-to-date on the latest trends and best practices in education.
Unfortunately, often attending professional development opportunities can be costly. Investing in yourself with free online courses is a great way for teachers to gain new knowledge and skills without spending too much money.
At Strobel Education, we believe in purposeful professional development that makes teachers’ lives easier while giving them the resources to succeed in the classroom.
It’s our highest priority to put good, practical PD in teachers’ hands and give them the resources they need for implementation.
We offer free PD mini-courses for teachers to gain new knowledge or build upon existing expertise. You will get Module 1 of our most popular courses, to help you get started.
These courses can help teachers stay up-to-date with the latest trends in education and gain valuable knowledge that they can apply to their teaching practices.
Taking advantage of these opportunities allows teachers to further their careers while also learning valuable skills they can use in the classroom setting.
In this article, we will discuss what professional development is and why it matters for teachers.
We will also discuss the benefits of online PD courses and helpful resources for finding free teacher courses with certificates.
The Truth About Free Online Professional Development Courses
Professional development (PD) is the process of gaining knowledge and skills to become better at one’s profession. This can be done through online PD courses, seminars, and workshops. These courses can help teachers build upon existing expertise or learn new skills that they can implement in the classroom setting.
Plenty of reputable providers offer free teacher PD courses with certificates, allowing educators to gain credentials without breaking the bank.
When choosing an online PD course, it’s important to make sure you select one from a reputable provider. Reading reviews and researching course content is always recommended before signing up for any type of professional development program.
Additionally, many organizations offer discounts or scholarships for certain PD courses, so be sure to check if this is also available!
Taking advantage of these opportunities can be a great way for teachers to invest in themselves and their career while also gaining valuable knowledge about teaching practices.
What is Professional Development and Why Does it Matter?
What is Professional Development and Why Does it Matter?
Professional development is a continuous process of acquiring new knowledge, skills, and ideas to become more effective in one’s field. It is important for all disciplines, especially those in the teaching profession.
Professional development helps teachers stay on top of best practices and gain new skills to better serve their students. It also keeps teachers engaged with their profession and can make them more effective in the classroom.
Taking professional development courses helps teachers maintain their teaching certification or license. You earn professional development hours with each Strobel Education online course you take.
Professional development courses can help teachers become better mentors, increase their efficiency in the classroom, and keep their students engaged and interested in learning.
Benefits of Online PD Courses For Teachers
Taking online PD courses can be extremely beneficial for teachers.
For starters, our courses are available anytime and from anywhere in the world, making them a great option for busy educators who don’t have access to traditional classes or resources.
Our online PD courses are also cost-effective, allowing teachers to save money while still gaining valuable knowledge and skills.
We also believe self-paced learning is another advantage of our online PD courses, as it allows teachers more time to absorb the material being taught.
Additionally, as a provider of high-quality online courses, we offer certificates upon completion, which serve as proof that a teacher has taken their professional development seriously.
All these benefits make online PD an attractive option for busy educators who want to further their career and become better mentors in the classroom environment.
Helpful Resources For Finding Free Teacher Courses With Certificates
Finding free teacher courses with certificates can be a challenge, but at Strobel Education, we will give you plenty of helpful resources available to help educators make the most out of their professional development opportunities.
We offer the following free online courses:
- Standards-Based Grading: In this module, you will learn the three problems with the current grading system and explore specific aspects of standards-based grading implementation.
- Close Reading & Text-Dependent Questioning: In this module, you will learn what Close Reading is and how this research-based strategy supports reading comprehension, fluency, and critical thinking.
- Growth Mindset: Boosting Motivation & Achievement: In this module, you will learn about the fixed mindset versus the growth mindset and how we can begin teaching students to embrace “productive” struggle and the value of grit and determination in today’s world.
- Social-Emotional Learning: Essential Lessons for Student Success: In this module, you will gain the expert knowledge to understand SEL as an integral part of human development & an essential skill set for students.
- Trauma-Informed Practices: In this module, you will learn how trauma affects the brain, the three types of trauma, and how to create support systems for students.
- Engaging the 21st Century Learner: In this module, you will explore the science behind the learning process and the pedagogical research that supports the correlation between increased instructional engagement and increased student success.
- Project-Based Learning/Genius Hour: In this module, you will learn what Genius Hour is and why project-based learning provides an opportunity to honor all students and their ability to succeed.
- Data-Driven Decisions: In this module, you will determine what data can be regularly collected inside & outside of the classroom & how the information gleaned from an analysis of that data can be successfully used to increase positive outcomes.
Other helpful resources include podcasts, which cover topics related to teaching practices and offer insight into how successful educators approach their profession.
These can be extremely valuable when it comes time to make decisions about professional development opportunities!
Informative Podcasts to Help You Learn More About PD Opportunities
Podcasts are another great way for teachers to learn more about professional development opportunities. These audio programs feature conversations with educators, experts, and leaders in the field who share their experiences as well as helpful tips and advice on how to make the most of PD courses.
Here is a list of some informative podcasts that can help you learn more about professional development:
- The Teacher’s Classroom Q&A – Hosted by educator and consultant Mary Beth Hertz, this podcast covers the latest trends in teacher education. Topics range from assessment strategies to technology integration, giving teachers an inside look at how PD can help them become better mentors and increase their effectiveness in the classroom.
- Educator Innovator – Hosted by education experts Chris Long and Alexandra M. Filippelli, this podcast features interviews with educators from around the world who share their stories of success as well as tips on how they overcame challenges in their field. It’s a great resource for learning more about what it takes to be successful in teaching today.
- Education Podcast Network – This network of podcasts covers a wide range of education-related topics, including pedagogy, curriculum design, assessment strategies, classroom instruction methods, educational technology tools, and so much more! With over 50 episodes available across various series’ within the network, there is sure something for every type of teacher or student looking for helpful resources on PD topics.
- Teach Better Talk – Hosted by educator Jeff Gargas this podcast focuses on helping teachers become better mentors by exploring current educational trends that affect classrooms today, such as STEM initiatives or new technologies like augmented reality/virtual reality applications being used for learning experiences. He also offers practical advice that can be implemented immediately into classrooms no matter where you are located globally!
- Classroom Matters – This podcast hosted by Amy Loeffler discusses all things related to teaching practices while focusing mainly on engaging students through effective classroom management techniques. She talks with real-life teachers who have experienced success using these approaches both online & offline! Her guests often bring unique perspectives, which makes each episode interesting & relevant regardless if you teach remotely or face-to-face settings.
The Bottom Line: Investing in Yourself Pays Off
Investing in yourself with free online PD courses is a great way to gain new skills and knowledge while also increasing your value as an educator.
It will help you become a better teacher as well as give you credentials that employers look for when considering potential candidates for positions or promotions within their organizations.
Professional development is an important part of any teacher’s career. Investing in yourself with free online courses can give you the skills and knowledge you need to be a successful educator.
Taking advantage of these opportunities can help teachers learn valuable skills and knowledge they can apply in the classroom setting.
At Strobel Education LLC, we want all teachers to have access to top-quality educational resources and courses.