Strobel Education Online Courses
Genius Hour Free Module 1
What is Genius Hour and How to Implement it in the Classroom
This is module 1 of the full Genius Hour on-demand course. You will learn what Genius Hour is and why project-based learning provides an opportunity to honor all students and their ability to succeed.
Interested in the full course? Preview it here >>
STROBEL EDUCATION ON-DEMAND COURSES
Discover the full Genius Hour Course
What's in the Full Genius Hour On-Demand Course?
Why Genius Hour?
If you haven’t heard of Genius Hour, or 20% time in the classroom, the premise is simple: Give your students 20% of their class time (or an hour each week) to learn what they want.
Genius Hour is all about empowering students. In the program, students have:
- Freedom to explore their own interests.
- Opportunity to indulge in previously unexplored creativity.
- Ability to unlock achievement that’s been stifled by “traditional” learning practices.
This online education course, featuring the same amazing content as Strobel Education’s dynamic live workshop, invites teachers from all grade levels to learn about this innovative concept based on a popular Google practice.
In this course, you’ll discover how to transform your classroom into a place where students want to come in and learn—where creativity and motivation flourish.
Full On-Demand Course FAQ
Here’s What’s Included:
Who Should Attend?
“Kim is a dynamic presenter who keeps her audience highly engaged and truly understands standards-based grading.”
– M. Godbey, Principal, Lincoln County High School
What Will You Learn In The Full On-Demand Course?
- Why we need to transform our troubled education system
- Understanding how real students learn & how great schools work
- Education Evolution: Recognizing the importance of new skills, talents, and passions
- Putting value back on students’ “non-traditional” skills
- The 6 elements today’s learner needs
- Setting up Genius Hour time in your classroom
- Learning the structure of Genius Hour and implementation strategies
- The research behind choice and inquiry-based education
- + More!
Digital Resource Bundle
The Digital Resource Bundle includes everything you need to launch this topic with your students and in your schools. You don’t have to go around finding all the “stuff”. The curriculum is created for you—relevant mini-lessons, activities, videos, collaboration articles, and all necessary resources.
“Genius Hour motivates and encourages students to think outside the box while exploring their greatest passions. My classroom has transformed into a student-driven classroom with high expectations. Genius Hour supports learners of all levels and allows students to explore their true talents. Engagement is at an all time high and students are excelling like never before!”
– Whitney Litherland, 5th Grade Teacher