Incorporating Passion, Play, Purpose, & Creativity
Genius Hour is taking the teacher professional development world by storm! It’s a movement that unlocks student achievement as it allows each student to explore their own passions and interests and encourages creativity in the classroom by providing students a choice in what they learn during a set period of the school week.
The Genius Hour concept is based on one of Google’s practices: they encourage that 20% of their employees’ work week be spent researching, investigating, and exploring a topic or passion of personal interest, one that is not directly tied to their job description but in line with the mission of the company. As a result, they’ve found that 50% of their best ideas come from that 20% of independent work.
It is our job as educators to encourage critical thinking and inspire creativity—skills that are needed for the 21st century learner. It is no longer about compliantly sticking to a scheduled curriculum of memorization and recall. Learners come alive in Genius Hour, motivation levels skyrocket, and students are completely engaged. The future belongs to creators and empathizers, pattern recognizers and meaning makers, artists, inventors, designers, storytellers, innovators, and big picture thinkers—and Genius Hour is where it can all begin. With Genius Hour, your curriculum and academic standards are easily integrated.
Genius Hour Flyer
For more information, download this pdf flyer.
Evansville, IN • September 26, 2018
Kim Strobel @ Executive Conference Center
421 NW Riverside Dr, Evansville, IN 47708
Indianapolis, IN • October 3, 2018
Kim Strobel @ Ritz Charles Carmel
12156 N Meridian St, Carmel, IN 46032
Merrillville, IN • October 5, 2018
Jamie Guillaume @ Hilton Garden Inn- Merrillville
7775 Mississippi St, Merrillville, IN 46410
Louisville, KY • November 8, 2018
Kim Strobel @ Hilton Garden Inn Louisville
2735 Crittenden Dr, Louisville, KY 40209
Cincinnati, OH • November 14, 2018
Kim Strobel @ Holiday Inn Cincinnati Airport
1717 Airport Exchange Blvd, Erlanger, KY 41018
Columbus, OH • November 16, 2018
Jamie Guillaume @ Courtyard Columbus West
2350 Westbelt Dr, Columbus, OH 43228
Early Bird Pricing $189 *
* Early bird discount! Register 15 days in advance.
Who Should Attend?
- K-12 English-Language Arts Teachers
- K-12 Content-Area Teachers
- Literacy coaches and coordinators
- Title I teachers and directors
- ELL teachers
- Special education teachers
- K-12 gifted and talented teachers
- K-12 administrators (Principals, Assistant Principals, Curriculum Directors)
- Early bird discount! Register 15 days in advance.
- Send a Team & SAVE!
5% OFF groups of 5-9 registrants (per day)
10% OFF groups of 10 or more registrants (per day)
CONTACT US to start your registration.
- For room reservations, please mention “Strobel Education” to receive a discounted rate.
- Administrators attend FREE! With paid registration of at least one staff member, ONE administrator (building principal, assistant principal, curriculum director, or superintendent) may attend workshop at no charge. (Registration is still required and substitutions are not permitted.)
Continuing Education Credit/PGP
Participants may receive credit for 6 hours of professional development for each one-day workshop. At the conclusion of the day, or after online evaluations have been completed, attendees will receive a certificate of completion which can be used to verify attendance.